Wind is a clean, renewable energy source. There are many environmental benefits of wind energy, including:
- Water saving – wind energy does not consume water during the energy generation process, it also helps preserve scarce water resources.
- Reduced carbon emissions – one megawatt of wind energy equates to 2600 fewer tons of carbon emissions when compared to coal-fired energy generation.
- Wind energy generation emits zero air or water pollution.
Jeffreys Bay Wind Farm
- Annual CO2 emissions avoided | 420 000 tonnes
- Project lifetime CO2 emissions avoided | 8 400 000 tonnes
- Water savings | 590 000 000 Litres per year