Enterprise & Socio-Economic Development
Socio-economic development initiatives promote access to the economy for all people.
- Enterprise development includes initiatives to assist and accelerate the sustainability of local enterprises and will initially look at support of emerging black farmers in the area.
- The socio-economic focus is on health programmes (HIV and Aids, and vulnerable children programmes), youth upliftment – sports programmes and education support programmes, including:
- early childhood development, as part of a creche support programme
- numeracy and literacy interventions at a primary school level
- support for mathematics and science programmes at secondary schooling level
- a scholarship programme for engineering related studies at tertiary level.
- These programmes will continue for the 20 year life of the project and will focus on local communities.
“We’ve been especially grateful for the work and training from which local residents have benefited. We see the positive impact every day – there is food on the tables of poor families and people are being equipped with skills that will assist them in finding further employment.
We would love to see our youth become leaders in the field of energy generation and believe that developments such as these can serve as the inspiration for that to happen.”
Kouga Executive Mayor Booi Koerat